The New York Hygienic Institute:
home of Manhattan's first Turkish bath

Exterior view
< Advertising booklet: New York Hygienic Institute (New York: Wood & Holbrook, 1870)

The New York Hygienic Institute opened some time around 1850 and added its Turkish bath in March 1865 when it was owned by Drs Miller, Wood & Co.


This item is from the collection of the Victorian Turkish Baths Project


This page enlarges an image or adds to the information found below:

The first Turkish baths in the USA. Part 2: Manhattan

Top of the page

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988

  Malcolm Shifrin, 1991-2019