Bland's Cliff Baths, Scarborough, after 1879

Bland's Cliff Baths, Scarborough, some time after 1879

The baths soon after the building of the Foreshore Road, in the midst of much seaside activity.

The Moorish windows and the red and white striped brickwork of the tower would have stood out from the surrounding buildings. The Turkish baths were on the second floor, on the right of local surveyor J F Fairbanks's enlarged 1859 building.

This page enlarges an image or adds to the information found below:

Bland's Cliff Public Baths

Top of the page

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988