Bedford Turkish Baths Company Limited You can print this page -- Click for printer-friendly version
Company baths: BEDFORD: 18 Ashburnham Road

Please note: As handwriting is often unclear, names of shareholders are indicative only.
When accuracy is important, researchers should consult the original documents.
PRO references will be found at The National Archives (Public Record Office, Kew)


TNA: PRO: BT31 4662/30657 All unfootnoted information is taken from this file.

1890 Memorandum of Association: 21 January
Capital: 3,000 divided into 30 shares of 100
Registered Office: 8 St Paul's Square
Subscribers:
Davis, Frank (3 shares) House owner
Jarvis, Walter (1 share) Brewer
Kilpin, Samuel Leach (1 share) Ironmonger (Ch)
May, Thomas Cooke (1 share) Outfitter
Rose, Edward Paine (1 share) Draper
Wood, William Timson (1 share) Tailor

1891 Mortgage Debenture of 100

The company will on 3 months notice pay the bearer 100 and will meanwhile pay interest at 5% in half-yearly instalments, charged on 'its undertaking and all its property.' Sealed in the presence of Samuel Kilpin and Eames Parsons. (Document in the Bedford County Record Office)

1892 Registered Office: 18 Ashburnham Road (17 May)
Secretary: Arthur Allpress
Chairman: Kilpin, Samuel Leach

1895 Loan agreement:

between Samuel Leach Kilpin, Ironmonger, Alexander Eames Parsons, Bank Manager and Walter Jarvis...on the one part and Thomas James Lester...Lace Manufacturer on the other to advance 1,000 and accept transfer of mortgage on the property belonging to the Bedford Turkish Baths Company Limited.

6 months notice, and interest to be paid. (Document in the Bedford County Record Office)

1896 Extraordinary Meeting: (28 November)
Voluntary winding up
Liquidator: Henry Young

1898 Loan from Thomas James Lester 'Paid and satisfied' (15 October)


This page last updated 25 August 2017
      

Top of the page