Grimsby Turkish &Russian Baths Company Limited You can print this page -- Click for printer-friendly version
Company baths: GRIMSBY: 296 Lower Burgess Street

Please note: As handwriting is often unclear, names of shareholders are indicative only.
When accuracy is important, researchers should consult the original documents.
PRO references will be found at The National Archives (Public Record Office, Kew)


TNA: PRO: BT31 5046 / 33882 All unfootnoted information is taken from this file.

1891 Memorandum of Association: 24 April
Objects include: to establish, construct, acquire Turkish baths
Capital: 2,000 divided into 2,000 shares of 1
Subscribers:
Allen, Thomas William James (25 shares) Surgeon
Armstrong, John Henry (25 shares) Draper
Brown, Wilson (25 shares) Contractor
Dobson, George Shelton (25 shares) Ironmonger
Doughty, Alderman George 1
Marshall, Mayor of Grimsby Charles A 1
Mudd, William (25 shares) Fish merchant (Chairman)
Robinson, James (25 shares) Mercantile agent
Watkinson, Thomas Robinson (25 shares) Fish merchant
Wilkinson, E Fields 1
Registered Office: 296 Lower Burgess Street (1 June)
Secretary: J Corton Jepson

1893 Secretary: J Corton Jepson

1895 Average number of shareholders: 57 holding 1925 shares
Secretary: Mr Horace W Hill (14 March)

1896 Extraordinary Meeting: Winding up by reason of its liabilities
Secretary: Mr Horace W Hill
Liquidator: Walter M Dawson
Sale of Baths by liquidator [to Mr Horace W Hill]

1902 Winding-up (13 Jan)


This page last updated 25 August 2017


Top of the page