Whitehaven Baths Company LimitedCompany You can print this page -- Click for printer-friendly version
Company baths: WHITEHAVEN: Duke Street

Please note: As handwriting is often unclear, names of shareholders are indicative only.
When accuracy is important, researchers should consult the original documents.
PRO references will be found at The National Archives (Public Record Office, Kew)


TNA: PRO: BT31 3067/17478 All unfootnoted information is taken from this file.

1882 Memorandum of Association: 13 October
Capital: 10,000 divided into 500 shares of 20; 1 on application; 1 on allotment; remainder as required
Directors:
Ablett, E
Bard, J
Dees, James Gibson (Town Surveyor and civil engineer)
Dixon, T C (Merchant)
Fletcher, Henry
Helder, Agustus (Chairman of the Town Board)
Hodgetts, A
Jackson, John (Chairman)(Chairman of the Harbour Committee)
Jackson, T, MD
Jefferson, Robert
l'Anson, Francis, MD
Muriel, G J
Architect: Banks, Thomas Lewis
Solicitors: Brockbank, Helder and Brockbank
Secretary: Chisam, J
Facilities would include a swimming pool 54x30ft, with a second swimming pool if required, and "a Turkish bath, replete with comfort and luxury."

1902 Sale: Baths sold to Whitehaven Corporation (1 Feb)


This page last updated 25 August 2017

Top of the page