Llandudno: Ty Gwyn Road (White House Road)

Click for printer-friendly version

                                                      

Turkish Baths


1864

Turkish baths

 

 

Llandudno Turkish & General Bath Company Ltd (Proprs)

    Opened early August

1867

Baths close 


Notes

In the above chronology, the following reference was used:  1 

See also:

Companies: Llandudno Turkish & General Bath Company Limited


 

 

 

The house, sometimes erroneously suggested as being the first modern Turkish baths to be built in Wales, was not opened until early in August 1864. This was four months after the first baths which in opened in Neath on 14 April.1, 2

The Ty Gwyn Road baths had facilities for six bathers. In the same building were reading rooms, library and billiard rooms. It closed within four years, becoming a Roman Catholic place of worship, although the company continued in existence for at least another six years.
             

Top of the page