Victorian Turkish Baths Picture of the Month for September 2007

Bolton Turkish baths: 16  Great Moor Street

Bolton Turkish Baths
< Photo: source currently unknown

The Bolton Turkish Baths at 16 Great Moor Street, shown here in 1995, fifteen years after it closed. The building, which is Grade II Listed, was designed by local architects, Stones & Gradwell, and was opened on 3 September 1891. It has been used for several purposes since the baths closed and is currently home to a community time banking organisation.


This page last updated 1 Nov 2012
Top of the page

Pictures of the month archive

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988