Victorian Turkish Baths Picture of the Month for June 2015

Inside the Turkish baths at
Mason Road, Erdington, Birmingham

Inside the Erdington baths

The Mason Road Public Baths in Erdington were opened by the Birmingham Corporation on 6 May 1925. They originally comprised a swimming bath, slipper baths for men and women, and a Turkish baths suite with a Russian steam room and an Aeratone bath.

Hot rooms 

The baths are still open, but they are to be replaced by a new leisure centre in 2017, and this will not include a Turkish bath.

Top of the page

Pictures of the month archive

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988