The overgrown ruins of part of St Ann's Hydro,
Blarney, County Cork, Ireland

Part of the overgrown ruins of St Anne's Hydro, c.1991
< Photo: Shifrin

Inside the ruins of one of the few remaining parts of Dr Richard Barter's St Ann's Hydropathic Establishment early in the 1990s. The hydro opened in 1843 and remained open until 1952. The first Victorian Turkish Bath was built here in 1856 by Dr Barter and David Urquhart.

This page enlarges an image or adds to the information found below:

Introduction. Part 3: Aims of the website

Top of the page

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988