Victorian Turkish Baths Project postcard

Advertisement for the Southampton Turkish Bath
< White's directory of Hampshire. 1878

Advertisement for the Southampton Turkish Baths in Regent Street. They were opened by John Rose in 1870 and were later bought by the Southampton Turkish Baths Co Ltd, who re-sold them in 1880 to a new company with the same name. They closed in 1886.

This page enlarges an image or adds to the information found below:

Southampton Turkish Bath Company Limited

London's first Victorian Turkish bath. Part 1: introduction

Top of the page

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988