These Turkish baths were the first to be built by a local authority in London and were
not opened until 19 October 1905, many years after provincial authorities started installing them.
The plan of the baths also shows the cooling-room for fourteen bathers, three hot rooms, plunge pool and a range of baths and showers. The baths were used on alternate days by men and women.
Entry revised 21 March 2010