The Corporation Baths, Mill Street, Kidderminster,
at the beginning of the twentieth century

Kidderminster Baths
< Mates guide to Kidderminster District Council, 1907

Although the baths were planned in 1851, they were not built till four years later, and the Turkish bath was not added till 1871. The building was demolished in 1932 when the new Castle Road baths were built. However, the new building did not include a Turkish bath.

This page enlarges an image or adds to the information found below:

Urquhart and the London Hammam

The Victorian Turkish Bath Movement. Part 1: introduction

Roman bath or Turkish bath?

Top of the page

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988