The Savoy Turkish Bath, (Duke of) York Street, London:
part of the shampooing room in 1908 when the baths opened as the York House Hydro

York House Hydro (later, Savoy Tiurkish Baths for Ladies)
< Advertisement reproduced from: Winning post summer annual, 1908

Ernest Henry Adams opened the York House Hydro some time around 1908. Two years later he opened Turkish baths round the corner at 92 Jermyn Street. The two premises were joined at the back and the (Duke of) York Street baths were turned into Ladies' Turkish Baths.

This page enlarges an image or adds to the information found below:

London's first Victorian Turkish bath. Part 1: introduction

Top of the page

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988