Bolton: Great Moor Street:
Exterior of building

Bolton Turkish baths building
 < Image: Source currently unknown

The Bolton Turkish Baths at 16 Great Moor Street, shown here in 1995, fifteen years after it closed. The building, which is Grade II Listed, was designed by local architects, Stones & Gradwell, and was opened on 3 September 1891. It has been used for several purposes since the baths closed and is currently a police station.

This page enlarges an image or adds to the information found below:

Heritaging the Victorian Turkish bath: creating a saleable asset

Top of the page

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988