Wales: Cardiff: Charles Street:
James's Turkish Baths: advertisement

Advert for new ladies' Turkish bath in Cardiff
< The Preservation of health (Cardiff: James's Turkish Baths, 1889)

When Mr J James bought the Cardiff Electro and Turkish baths around 1888, he renamed them Jamesís Turkish Baths and opened a bath for women.

By 1919 women were restricted to one day per week.

This page enlarges an image or adds to the information found below:

Women and the Victorian Turkish bath. Part 4: Availability of the baths to women

Top of the page

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988