St Ann's Hydropathic Establishment,
Blarney, Co.Cork, Ireland, c.1888

St Ann's Hydro, c.1888
< From a small six page folded tariff card

This view of St Ann's Hydro was engraved when Dr M Altdorfer was the resident physician, and probably just after the hydro's own railway station was built in 1888.

Visitors paid from two to three guineas per week 'including board and attendance'

This page enlarges an image or adds to the information found below:

Women and the Victorian Turkish bath. Part 2: the first Victorian Turkish baths

Top of the page

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988