James's Turkish Baths, Albany Road, Wolverhampton

Turkish Baths in Wolverhampton
< Photo: Wolverhampton Local History Library

Archibald Reynolds James opened his Turkish bath in 1888, and it continued as James's Turkish Baths until 1914 when it was owned by the Wolverhampton Turkish Baths Co Ltd. As Wolverhampton Turkish Baths it remained open until 1935.

In 1901 it was open daily for 'Ladies and Gentlemen' from nine in the morning till ten at night. According to the time of day, bathers paid 2/-, 1/6, or 1/- There was 'ELECTRIC LIGHT THROUGHOUT'.

This page enlarges an image or adds to the information found below:

Women and the Victorian Turkish bath. Part 3: Women and the first baths

Heritaging the Victorian Turkish bath. 4: Styling the bath

Top of the page

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988