The Urquharts' chalet near Geneva

The Urquharts' chalet near Geneva
< Photo: David Urquhart / Gertrude Robinson (Oxford : Blackwell, 1920)

The Chalet des Mélèzes, just south of Geneva, in 1900.

The chalet was built by Urquhart in 1864 when he moved to Switzerland in search of better health. The Turkish bath can be seen to the right. 

This page enlarges an image or adds to the information found below:

Urquhart and the London Hammam. Part 6: Plan, reality, and conclusion

The Urquharts' Riverside bath

Top of the page

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988