Bedford Baths Syndicate Limited

This is a single frame, printer-friendly page taken from Malcolm Shifrin's website
Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

Visit the original page to see it in its context and with any included images or notes

Original page

To the companies list

Bedford Baths Syndicate Limited 
Company baths: BEDFORD: 18 Ashburnham Road

As handwriting is often unclear, all name transcriptions below are indicative only.
When accuracy is important, the original documents should be consulted.
PRO (Public Record Office) documents are at The National Archives, Kew.

The company was set up to purchase the Bedford Turkish Baths at 18 Ashburnham Road which, after the liquidation of the Bedford Turkish Baths Company Ltd in 1898, was owned by James Walter Hobson and George Henry Martin. However the proposal never came to fruition and the company remained dormant till it too was dissolved in 1901.

TNA: PRO: BT31 8094/58365 All unfootnoted information is taken from this file.

1898 Memorandum of Association: 27 July
Capital: 2,500 divided into 500 shares of 5

Objects include: the purchase, carry on, provide Turkish Baths for the town of Bedford.
Bell, Harry (1 share) Auctioneer
Davis, Alexander Ewart (1 share) Bank manager
Halliley, Charles Baily (1 share) Solicitor (Dir)
Hobson, James Walter (1 share) Timber merchant (Dir)
Kilpin, Samuel Leach (1 share) Ironmonger
Kingston, Frank (1 share) Accountant
Martin, George Henry (1 share) Timber merchant (Dir)

1901: No returns were filed
Company dissolved: 12 April

This page last updated 04 November 2018


Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to:
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988

  Malcolm Shifrin, 1991-2023