Blackburn Turkish Baths Company Limited

This is a single frame, printer-friendly page taken from Malcolm Shifrin's website
Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

Visit the original page to see it in its context and with any included images or notes

Original page

To the companies list


Blackburn Turkish Baths Company Limited
Company baths: BLACKBURN: Richmond Terrace

Please note: As handwriting is often unclear, names of shareholders are indicative only.
When accuracy is important, researchers should consult the original documents.
PRO references will be found at The National Archives (Public Record Office, Kew)


TNA: PRO: BT31 15073/31341 All unfootnoted information is taken from this file.

1890 Capital: 3,000 divided into 3,000 shares of 1 (25 April)
Objects include: to carry on the business of Turkish Baths proprietors and to carry out the agreement (21 April 1890) between William Tew Holland and Eli Heyworth (for the Company) '(...for the sale and purchase, at or in consideration of a perpetual yearly rent charge, of a freehold plot of land situate on the southerly side of Richmond Terrace...) and to erect buildings thereon, and to establish, maintain, and conduct there a Turkish Bath.'

Subscribers: Bickerdike, William Edward (Manufacturing chemist)
Dixon, Charles (Cotton spinner)
Heyworth, Eli (Ch) (Cotton manufacturer)
Kay, William (Cotton manufacturer)
Reynolds, Walter (Theatrical proprietor)
Sutton, Frederick Olinthas (Clerk in Holy Orders)
Thom, William (Engineer)

Memorandum of Association: 28 April
Registered Office: 11 Richmond Terrace

Secretary: Thomas Kenyon (4 September)
Shareholders include:
Bickerdike, William Edward (100 shares)
Dunbar, Robert Pearson (100 shares) MD
Heyworth, Eli (200 shares)
Kay, William (100 shares)
Kenyon, Thomas (10 shares) Broker
Stones, James Herbert (100 shares) Architect (10 Richmond Terrace)
Thom, William (200 shares)
Yates, William (100 shares) Engineer

1895 Shareholders include:
Heyworth, Eli (292 shares)
Kay, William (110 shares)

1900 Shareholders include:
Thom, William (263 shares)

1901 Directors:
Dixon, Charles
Greenwood, William (Cotton manufacturer)
Heyworth, Eli
Kay, William
Porter, George (Solicitor)
Stones, James Herbert
Thom, William

1904 Wilberforce Hamer replaces Eli Heyworth (Died) as governor

1905 Directors:
Dixon, Charles
Greenwood, William
Hamer, Wilberforce
Kay, William
Porter, George
Stones, James Herbert
Thom, William

1908 Mortgage: on land and building for 650
Directors:
Dixon, Charles
Forrest, Thomas (Cotton spinner)
Greenwood, William
Hamer, Wilberforce
Kay, William
Porter, George
Thom, William
Woolfall, Daniel (Clerk to Commission of Taxes)

Directors:
Dixon, Charles
Forrest, Thomas
Greenwood, William
Hamer, Wilberforce
Kay, William
Porter, George
Thom, William (725 shares)
Woolfall, Daniel

1915 Mortgage: at 300

1918 Directors:
Forrest, Thomas
Hare, Charles
Kay, William
Porter, George
Thom, William
Woolfall, Daniel

1919 Mortgage: at 100
Directors:
Aspden, Harry
Forrest, Thomas
Hare, Charles
Kay, William
Thom, William, Sir

1920 Registered Office: 16 Richmond Terrace (16 February)
Voluntary liquidation: 6 March

1921 Winding up meeting (14 October)


This page last updated 25 August 2017
      

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988