Grimsby Turkish & Russian Baths Company Limited

This is a single frame, printer-friendly page taken from Malcolm Shifrin's website
Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

Visit the original page to see it in its context and with any included images or notes

Original page

To the companies list


Grimsby Turkish &Russian Baths Company Limited
Company baths: GRIMSBY: 296 Lower Burgess Street

Please note: As handwriting is often unclear, names of shareholders are indicative only.
When accuracy is important, researchers should consult the original documents.
PRO references will be found at The National Archives (Public Record Office, Kew)


TNA: PRO: BT31 5046 / 33882

1891 Memorandum of Association: 24 April
Objects include: to establish, construct, acquire Turkish baths
Capital: 2,000 divided into 2,000 shares of 1
Subscribers:
Allen, Thomas William James (25 shares) Surgeon
Armstrong, John Henry (25 shares) Draper
Brown, Wilson (25 shares) Contractor
Dobson, George Shelton (25 shares) Ironmonger
Doughty, Alderman George
Marshall, Mayor of Grimsby Charles A
Mudd, William (25 shares) Fish merchant (Chairman)
Robinson, James (25 shares) Mercantile agent
Watkinson, Thomas Robinson (25 shares) Fish merchant
Wilkinson, E Fields
Registered Office: 296 Lower Burgess Street (1 June)
Secretary: J Corton Jepson

1893 Secretary: J Corton Jepson

1895 Average number of shareholders: 57 holding 1925 shares
Secretary: Mr Horace W Hill (14 March)

1896 Extraordinary Meeting: Winding up by reason of its liabilities
Secretary: Mr Horace W Hill
Liquidator: Walter M Dawson
Sale of Baths by liquidator [to Mr Horace W Hill]

1902 Winding-up (13 Jan)


This page last updated 25 August 2017

The original page includes one or more footnotes.

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988