Grosvenor Turkish Bath Company Limited

This is a single frame, printer-friendly page taken from Malcolm Shifrin's website
Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

Visit the original page to see it in its context and with any included images or notes

Original page

To the companies list


Grosvenor Turkish Bath Company Limited 
Company baths: LONDON: Buckingham Palace Road

Please note: As handwriting is often unclear, names of shareholders are indicative only.
When accuracy is important, researchers should consult the original documents.
PRO references will be found at The National Archives (Public Record Office, Kew)


TNA: PRO: BT31 2054/9028

1874 Memorandum of Association: 15 December
Objects include: purchase, rent or acquire 119 Buckingham Palace Road.
Registered Office: 54 Buckingham Palace Road
Directors:
Cottrill, William
Chaplin, Alexander (25 shares) Engineer
Davies, John L (20 shares) Civil engineer (Managing Director)
Francis, George Futvoye (5 shares) Estate agent (Secretary)
Hall, Hamilton (25 shares) Solicitor
Isdell, Charles Wynn, (Capt) (20 shares) (Chairman)
Saunders, Samuel (20 shares) Merchant
Thacker, Samuel John (20 shares) Surveyor
Lease: from Sir John Kelk, Baronet, was to be held by Cottrill on completion of the Turkish Baths at 119 Buckingham Palace Road for 40 years from 25 December 1872 at an annual rent of 125.
Agreement: between William Cottrill and C W Isdell as Trustee for the Company (7 December) to purchase the premises at 119 Buckingham Palace Road and the 'Turkish Baths' lately erected there by William Cottrill, for 5,000 to be paid as to 4,500 cash and 500 in fully paid up shares.

1875 Capital: 8,000 divided into 800 shares of 10
Shareholders include:
Brown, Stephen (Baths Manager)
Francis, George F (Sec) Auctioneer
and 15 others holding c.100 shares between them

1878 Average number of shareholders: 22, holding 403 shares (1 March)

1878 Unopposed petition for winding up from John Beddard of 46 Churton Street, Belgravia (Chemist and druggist) and Alfred Evelyn Copp of 337 Essex Street, Strand (Gentleman) (14 December)

1880 Order to dissolve company (20 February)


This page last updated 25 August 2017

The original page includes one or more footnotes.

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988