Imperial London Hotels Limited

This is a single frame, printer-friendly page taken from Malcolm Shifrin's website
Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

Visit the original page to see it in its context and with any included images or notes

Original page

To the companies list


Imperial London Hotels Limited
Company baths: LONDON: Russell Square

Please note: As handwriting is often unclear, names of shareholders are indicative only.
When accuracy is important, researchers should consult the original documents.
PRO references will be found at The National Archives (Public Record Office, Kew)


The premises of the Imperial, Bedford, and Premier Hotels were on London's Bedford Estate, as is the new hotel which replaced the Imperial in the late 1960s. The company's purchase included the completion of contracts between, inter alia, the NUT (National Union of Teachers) and Walduck, and The Foundling Hospital and Walduck.

A letter from the Home Office dated 12 April 1911 gave permission for the word 'Imperial' to be used in the company's name, provided it was only used for this hotel.

The leasehold and freehold premises, with effects and goodwill, were valued at the time of the purchase at 306,350.


TNA: PRO: BT31 36887/115439 All unfootnoted information is taken from this file.

1911 Memorandum of Association: 25 April
Objects include: the purchase of the Imperial, Bedford, and Premier Hotels, and 'taking over the sites and completing the erection and equipment of the important extension of the "Imperial Hotel", including a Turkish Bath which it is believed will be the finest in London, now in the course of construction.'
Directors:
Harvey, George (Caterer) London
Hill, Walter (Advertising contractor) Southampton Row
Scott, Walter (Newspaper proprietor) Rochdale
Walduck, Harold (Hotel proprietor)
Registered Office: Imperial Hotel (28 April)
Shareholders included key members of staff, who had shares ranging from twenty-five to five hundred.

1946 Renamed: H Walduck Properties Limited: 1 October

1951 Voluntary liquidation: 24 August


This page last updated 25 August 2017

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988