Leamington Royal Pump Room Company Limited

This is a single frame, printer-friendly page taken from Malcolm Shifrin's website
Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

Visit the original page to see it in its context and with any included images or notes

Original page

To the companies list


Leamington Royal Pump Room Company Limited
Company baths: LEAMINGTON: Royal Pump Room

Please note: As handwriting is often unclear, names of shareholders are indicative only.
When accuracy is important, researchers should consult the original documents.
PRO references will be found at The National Archives (Public Record Office, Kew)


TNA: PRO: BT31 581 / 2409 All unfootnoted information is taken from this file.

1861 Memorandum of Association: 12 September
Capital: 8,500 divided into 1700 shares of 5
Directors:
Biddle, John
Bishop, Lyas
Bowen, John
Bright, Henry
Haddon, John
Jeaffreson, Samuel John
Jones, Richard
Shepheard, Samuel
Stanby, Joseph
Summerfield, Henry
Thomson, Thomas
Whitehouse, Robert

1864 Secretary: Charles N Jones
Shareholders: 127 holding 1647 shares (29 Nov)

1865 Shareholders: 127 holding 1647 shares (31 Aug)

1866 Shareholders: 127 holding 1647 shares (26 Oct)

1867 Shareholders: 127 holding 1647 shares (10 Oct)

1869 Voluntary winding up. Lands and buildings sold to the Local Board of Health for the District of Leamington for 15,000, all debts paid and all surpluses distributed.
Chairman: John Haddon
Secretary: Josiah Sothborg [?]

1882 Dissolved under Clause 7(4): 7 March


This page last updated 25 August 2017

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988