Leicester Turkish Bath Company Limited

This is a single frame, printer-friendly page taken from Malcolm Shifrin's website
Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

Visit the original page to see it in its context and with any included images or notes

Original page

To the companies list


Leicester Turkish Bath Company Limited
Company baths: Leicester: Friary Lane

Please note: As handwriting is often unclear, names of shareholders are indicative only.
When accuracy is important, researchers should consult the original documents.
PRO references will be found at The National Archives (Public Record Office, Kew)


TNA: PRO: BT31 1699/6111 All unfootnoted information is taken from this file.

1872 Memorandum of Association: 14 March
Objects include: 'purchase of land and buildings in Leicester and the erection of a Turkish bath...'
Capital: 5,000 divided into 500 shares of 10
Subscribers:
Davis, Samuel (10 shares) Accountant
Kempson, William (10 shares) Manufacturer
Lankester, Henry (10 shares) Surgeon
Plant, James (10 shares) Manufacturer
Reeve, William Napier (10 shares) Solicitor
Rushin, William, Snr (10 shares) Builder
Winterton, William (10 shares) Timber merchant
Registered Office: 28 Cork Street [or 20 Cork St] 22 March
Average number of shareholders: 53 holding 500 shares (24 May)

1877 Average number of shareholders: 55 holding 500 shares (9 Jun)

1878 Secretary: Alfred Bromwich

1882 Average number of shareholders: 50 holding 500 shares (9 Jun)

1886 Registered Office: 40, Friar Lane (7 Aug)

1887 Average number of shareholders: 46 holding 500 shares (2 Jul)

1892 Average number of shareholders: 37 holding 500 shares (16 Jul)

1897 Average number of shareholders: 25 holding 500 shares (3 Jun)

1898 Secretary: Frank Davis

1902 Directors: 8 October
Burgess, Alfred Howard
Davis, Samuel
Evans, William
Marriott, Charles Hayes
Pegg, William Henry
Taylor, John Henry
Average number of shareholders: 24 holding 500 shares
Extraordinary Meeting (24 September, confirmed 14 October)
Liquidator: Frank Davis
Winding up meeting: 29 December


This page last updated 25 August 2017

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988