Liverpool Turkish Baths and Toilet Company Limited

This is a single frame, printer-friendly page taken from Malcolm Shifrin's website
Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

Visit the original page to see it in its context and with any included images or notes

Original page

To the companies list


Liverpool Turkish Baths and Toilet Company Limited
Company baths: LIVERPOOL: 26 & 28 Lime Street

Please note: As handwriting is often unclear, names of shareholders are indicative only.
When accuracy is important, researchers should consult the original documents.
PRO references will be found at The National Archives (Public Record Office, Kew)


TNA: PRO: BT31 12920/105034 All unfootnoted information is taken from this file.

1909 Registered Office: 43 Castle Street (18 September)
Secretary: Charles Rutherford, Solicitor, of 43 Castle Street
Capital: 6,000 divided into 6,000 shares of 1
Memorandum of Association: 20 September
Objects: to operate Turkish Baths, Hairdressers, etc.
Directors:
Jude, Simon (100 shares) Accountant, of Cork Street
Kirkland, Robert, Snr (100 shares) Merchant, of Blundellsands
Siegers, Johann Mathias (100 shares) Hotel manager, Angel Hotel
Treuse, Charles William Henry (100 shares) Property owner
Registered Office: 43 Castle Street (2 October)
Secretary: Andrew McGowan
Shareholders include:
Gaffney, John (Manager of Shakespeare Theatre)
Maiser, Otto (Proprietor of Hotel St George)
Reece, Samuel Hargreaves (Dairyman)

1910 Largest shareholder: Elmswood Laundry Company, Aigburgh (200 shares)
Other shareholders include:
Blackler, Margaret Ellen (Married woman)
Mortgage for 2,000 (19 September) to Sir James Smith and Gilbert Henry Claughton
Registered Office: 17/18 Harrington Chambers, 24 North John Street (15 December)
Secretary: Thomas Robson

1911 Directors:
Glendenning, John Walter (40 Bentley Road)
Haddow, James
Kirkland, Robert, Snr
Shareholders include:
Birchall, Charles Herbert (Proprietor, Commerce & Shipping J)
Reece, Samuel Hargreaves (Dairyman) Brownlow Hill
Receiver: Thomas Robson appointed (28 June)


This page last updated 25 August 2017

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988