Middlesbrough Turkish Baths Company Limited

This is a single frame, printer-friendly page taken from Malcolm Shifrin's website
Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

Visit the original page to see it in its context and with any included images or notes

Original page

To the companies list


Middlesbrough Turkish Baths Company Limited
Company baths: MIDDLESBROUGH: 52 Grange Road East

Please note: As handwriting is often unclear, names of shareholders are indicative only.
When accuracy is important, researchers should consult the original documents.
PRO references will be found at The National Archives (Public Record Office, Kew)


As in 1881, a new company was formed with the intention of purchasing the Turkish baths in Grange Road East, in Middlesbrough. This time also, the plans never came to fruition, and the baths remained in private ownership.

TNA: PRO: BT31 5519/38307 All unfootnoted information is taken from this file.

1893 Memorandum of Association: 2 March
Objects include: To purchase from the Trustees of the late Christopher Middleton the freehold hereditaments and premises in Grange Road East...
Capital: 2,500 divided into 2500 shares of 1
Subscribers:
Beece, William Joseph (1 share)
Hodgson, William (1 share) Merchant
Hornsey, T (1 share) Merchant
Malcolmson, J A, MD (1 share)
Philips, Theophilus (1 share) Resin distributor
Shaw, William (1 share) Engineer

1894 Company never activated

1896 No returns were filed
Dissolved under Clause 7(4): 15 September


This page last updated 25 August 2017

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988