Neath Bath Company Limited

This is a single frame, printer-friendly page taken from Malcolm Shifrin's website
Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

Visit the original page to see it in its context and with any included images or notes

Original page

To the companies list


Neath Bath Company Limited
Company baths: NEATH: Church Place / Old Market Street

Please note: As handwriting is often unclear, names of shareholders are indicative only.
When accuracy is important, researchers should consult the original documents.
PRO references will be found at The National Archives (Public Record Office, Kew)


TNA: PRO: BT31 887/949c All unfootnoted information is taken from this file.

1864 Memorandum of Association: 6 February
Capital: 1,000 divided into 200 shares of 5
Shareholders include:
Davies, Edward (4 shares) Draper
Jones, William Griffith (2 shares) Surgeon
Kenway, James (10 shares) Merchant
Lake, Henry (6 shares) Timber merchant
Richardson, Joshua (4 shares) Civil engineer
Rowland, John Henry (5 shares) Banker
Rowland, Thomas (6 shares) Gentleman
Registered Office: Church Place (2 August)

1871 Average number of shareholders: 23, holding 132 shares

1888 Ceased trading: February

1894 No returns were filed between the years 1888-94
Dissolved under Clause 7(4): 27 April


This page last updated 25 August 2017

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988