Neath Turkish Baths Company Limited Company Ltd

This is a single frame, printer-friendly page taken from Malcolm Shifrin's website
Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

Visit the original page to see it in its context and with any included images or notes

Original page

To the companies list


Neath Turkish Baths Company Limited
Company baths: NEATH: Alfred Street

Please note: As handwriting is often unclear, names of shareholders are indicative only.
When accuracy is important, researchers should consult the original documents.
PRO references will be found at The National Archives (Public Record Office, Kew)


Two subscribers*, who later became directors of this company, were previously subscribers to the Neath Swimming & Turkish Baths Company Limited. That company was set up in 1885 to purchase the Church Lane Turkish baths, but never traded.


TNA: PRO: BT31 5385/37039 All unfootnoted information is taken from this file.

1892 Memorandum of Association: 19 August
Objects include: 'to lease or purchase land in Neath for the erection of Turkish and other baths'
Capital: 1,000 divided into 1,000 shares of 1
Subscribers:
David, William Henry (10 shares) Solicitor
Evans, Evan (10 shares) Head Constable*
Isaac, James Griffith (10 shares) Chemist
Leavis, Rowland Gibbon (10 shares) Jeweller
Peters, Alexander (10 shares) Decorator*
Morgan, Rees Powell (10 shares) Solicitor
Trick, William Burrows (10 share) Farmer (Ch)

1893 Secretary: D E Thomas (1 September)
Average number of shareholders: 55, holding 319 shares
Several police officers are among the shareholders
Registered Office: Alfred Street (3 September)

1898 Average number of shareholders: 68, holding 369 shares

1904 Directors:
Alford,
Brown,
Couch,
David, William Henry
Davies,
Evans, Evan
Glass,
Jones,
Peters, Alexander
Morgan, Rees Powell
Sims,
Trick, William Burrows

1909 Directors:
Brown,
Couch,
Davies,
Evans, Evan
Morgan, Rees Powell
Sims,
Trick, William Burrows
Letter From D E Thomas (Secretary) to the Registrar of Companies (26 February): 'The Company has not carried on business for some time but they have been and still are in negotiation with parties as to re-commencing business.'
Letter From D E Thomas (Secretary) to the Registrar of Companies (23 March): 'The Baths have been re-opened for business since Thursday [18 March] last.'

1911 Registered Office: 'Elderslea', London Road (16 October)
Directors:
Brown,
Couch,
Davies,
Evans, Evan
Morgan, Rees Powell
Sims,
Trick, William Burrows
Extraordinary Meeting: 7 December
Winding up due to liabiblities
Liquidator: D E Thomas

1913 Winding p (20 February)


This page last updated 25 August 2017

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988