The Roman Bath Company Limited

This is a single frame, printer-friendly page taken from Malcolm Shifrin's website
Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

Visit the original page to see it in its context and with any included images or notes

Original page

To the companies list


The Roman Bath Company Limited
Company baths: CAMBRIDGE: Jesus Lane

Please note: As handwriting is often unclear, names of shareholders are indicative only.
When accuracy is important, researchers should consult the original documents.
PRO references will be found at The National Archives (Public Record Office, Kew)


TNA: PRO: BT31 531/2134 All unfootnoted information is taken from this file.

1861 Memorandum of Association: 29 January
Objects include: 'for the purpose of constructing and maintaining hot air and other baths similar in there [sic] general character to the Old Roman Bath of Antiquity together with such chambers, rooms and apartments for reading refreshment and other purposes as may be required or convenient for persons using or frequenting such baths.'
Directors:
Ancell, Henry, MD (50 shares) (Dir)
Beardmore, Septimus, (50 shares) (Dir)
Buney, James (50 shares) Admiral (Dir)
Fielding, William Basil Percy, Earl of Denbigh(50 shares)(Dir)
Kiallmark, Henry Walter (50 shares) Surgeon (Dir)
Moore, Ponsonby Arthur (50 shares) (Dir)
First Managing Director: Septimus Beardmore
First architects: [Thomas] Henry Wyatt and Matthew Digby Wyatt
First solicitor: William Francis Low
Secretary: E F King
Registered Office: 20 Cockspur Street, Charing Cross, London

1862 Capital: 30,000 divided into 30,000 shares of 1 (18 February)
Shareholders include:
Beardmore, Septimus (250 shares)
Cooper, Ino E (100 shares) (Clergyman)
Foster, Charles Finch (300 shares) (Banker)
Foster, Henry Staple (200 shares) (Past Mayor of Cambridge)
and about 40 others from Cambridge
Registered Office: 9 Manchester Buildings, Cannon Row, L (7 June)

1863 Registered Office: 8 Cannon Row, London (5 May)
Jesus Lane, Cambridge (13 June)
Average number of shareholders: 82

1866 Envelope of letter demanding company returns is returned, marked: 'Company broken up' (6 September)

1882 No returns were filed between the years 1864 and 1882.
Dissolved under Clause 7(4): 7 March


This page last updated 25 August 2017

The original page includes one or more footnotes.

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988