Scarborough Public Bath Company Limited

This is a single frame, printer-friendly page taken from Malcolm Shifrin's website
Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

Visit the original page to see it in its context and with any included images or notes

Original page

To the companies list


Scarborough Public Bath Company Limited
Company baths: SCARBOROUGH: Bland's Cliff Public Baths

Please note: As handwriting is often unclear, names of shareholders are indicative only.
When accuracy is important, researchers should consult the original documents.
PRO references will be found at The National Archives (Public Record Office, Kew)


The company was set up in 1858 and opened purpose-built sea-water swimming baths (together with slipper and vapour baths) the following year. Turkish baths occupied an extension to the building which opened in 1863.


TNA: PRO: BT31 330/1171 All unfootnoted information is taken from this file.

1858 Memorandum of Association
Chairman: Richard Cross, MD

1904 Company ceased trading: February
Dissolved under Clause 7(4)


This page last updated 25 August 2017

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988