The Eglinton Lunatic Asylum, Cork

The Eglinton Lunatic Asylum, Cork
< Image: source currently unknown

The asylum was originally designed by William Atkins as three separate buildings overlooking the River Lee. They were built between 1847 and 1852 and connected to each other and to other buildings behind.

This page enlarges an image or adds to the information found below:

Cork District Lunatic Asylum

Top of the page

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988