Grimsby Turkish Baths,
294-6 Lower Burgess Street, c.1893

Grimsby Turkish Baths
< Photo: Grimsby and Cleethorpes illustrated (Brighton: Pike, [c.1893])

The outside of the Grimsby Turkish Baths shortly after it opened.

The original building fronting the street housed the Manager's house, the company board room, refreshment room and office. The baths were built behind the house and the laundry next door. One of the company's laundry vans stands outside.

This page enlarges an image or adds to the information found below:

Grimsby Turkish Baths

Heritaging the Victorian Turkish bath. 4: styling the bath

Top of the page

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988