Brand's Cliff Baths, Scarborough, c.1875

Bland's Cliff Baths, Scarborough, c.1875

The Turkish baths were located on the second storey, on the right hand side of the building. The tower on the left contains the water tank.

This photo was taken some time around 1875, about twelve years after the Turkish baths were opened and just before the building of the new Foreshore Road (which separated the baths from the beach).

This page enlarges an image or adds to the information found below:

Bland's Cliff Public Baths

Top of the page

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988