Bland's Cliff Baths, Scarborough, mid 1990s:
building converted into an amusement arcade

Brand's Cliff Baths, Scarborough, mid 1990s
< Photo: Shifrin

What remained, in the 1990s, of the premises built in 1859 for the Scarborough Public Bath Company Limited to house their Bland's Cliff Baths.

By now the building was owned by Corrigan's and used as an amusement arcade. The second floor area which comprised the Turkish baths and the upper tower have both been removed. The baths closed some time around 1931, but it is not known whether the Turkish baths remained open till then.

This page enlarges an image or adds to the information found below:

Bland's Cliff Public Baths

Top of the page

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988