Sheffield's Glossop Road Turkish Baths:
the ground floor plan

Ground floor plan

Ground floor plan of the Glossop Road Turkish baths suite.

The Turkish baths, originally intended for male bathers only, were opened in 1877 by the Sheffield Bath Company Limited.

There were, in fact, two sets of baths: the main suite open to the public originally comprised a cooling-cum-dressing room, two hot rooms, relaxation area, plunge pool, and two shampooing rooms; the second set was much smaller and could be hired out to private users.

Thank you icon

Steve Wilkinson, for the plan of the original baths

This page enlarges an image or adds to the information found below:

Glossop Road Turkish Baths

Top of the page

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988