Glossop Road Baths, Sheffield:
exterior views

Exterior of the building Current main entrance

< Photo: Sheffield City Council

< Photo: Shifrin

This view of the outside of the baths, taken in the 1980s, shows the building from the corner of Glossop Road (on the left) and Victoria Street. This fašade was not added until 1908.

This view, taken in 2004, shows the Victoria Street entrance to the Turkish baths. It was built in 1898 when the Council bought the baths from the Sheffield Bath Co Ltd, and remains as the entrance to SPA1877, the privately owned spa created within the old Turkish baths. Until 1898, the entrance was in Convent Walk, round the corner, to the right.

This page enlarges an image or adds to the information found below:

Glossop Road Turkish Baths

Top of the page

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988