Turkish baths in Scotland

Peterhead: Marischal Street

This is a single frame, printer-friendly page taken from Malcolm Shifrin's website
Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

Visit the original page to see it completeŚwith images, notes, and chronologies

Original page

Turkish Baths

The information relating to the years between 1899 and 1914 is taken from Agnes Campbell's report for the Carnegie UK Trust. The earlier information is taken from an obituary in an unknown local newspaper seen by Alan Baldwin, a visitor to the site.

It is assumed so far that this is a single establishment which was originally privately owned and was then taken over by the local authority, or that it was always a local authority establishment of which Alexander Sangster was superintendent. However there may have been two different establishments in the same street.

This is the only information we have about this establishment.

This page last checked 16 January 2018

Top of the page

Other Turkish baths in Scotland

Logo

Victorian Turkish Baths: their origin, development, and gradual decline

 
Home pageSite mapSearch the site

Comments and queries are most welcome and can be sent to: 
malcolm@victorianturkishbath.org
 
The right of Malcolm Shifrin to be identified as the author of this work
has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988