Bedford Baths Syndicate Limited You can print this page -- Click for printer-friendly version
Company baths: BEDFORD: 18 Ashburnham Road

As handwriting is often unclear, all name transcriptions below are indicative only.
When accuracy is important, the original documents should be consulted.
PRO (Public Record Office) documents are at The National Archives, Kew.


The company was set up to purchase the Bedford Turkish Baths at 18 Ashburnham Road which, after the liquidation of the Bedford Turkish Baths Company Ltd in 1898, was owned by James Walter Hobson and George Henry Martin. However the proposal never came to fruition and the company remained dormant till it too was dissolved in 1901.


TNA: PRO: BT31 8094/58365 All unfootnoted information is taken from this file.

1898 Memorandum of Association: 27 July
Capital: 2,500 divided into 500 shares of 5

Objects include: the purchase, carry on, provide Turkish Baths for the town of Bedford.
Subscribers:
Bell, Harry (1 share) Auctioneer
Davis, Alexander Ewart (1 share) Bank manager
Halliley, Charles Baily (1 share) Solicitor (Dir)
Hobson, James Walter (1 share) Timber merchant (Dir)
Kilpin, Samuel Leach (1 share) Ironmonger
Kingston, Frank (1 share) Accountant
Martin, George Henry (1 share) Timber merchant (Dir)

1901: No returns were filed
Company dissolved: 12 April


This page last updated 04 November 2018
      

Top of the page