The house, sometimes erroneously
suggested as being the first modern Turkish baths to be built in Wales,
was not opened until early in August 1864. This was four months after the first
baths which in opened in Neath on 14 April.
The Ty Gwyn Road baths had facilities for six bathers.
In the same building were reading rooms, library and billiard rooms. It closed within four years, becoming a Roman Catholic place of worship,
although the company continued in existence for at least another six
This page is currently being revised
The original page
Top of the page